Code of Conduct
The Long Island Youth Indoor Football League has adopted a zero tolerance policy for violence. This includes physical acts of violence, threats of violence or threatening behavior. A violation committed by any participant (player, coach, referee), parent or fan, will result in immediate expulsion for the league and a fine to the organization from which he/she belongs.
The following will bring to your attention the type of behavior we hope and expect from our parents:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game or practice.
- I will emphasize skill, development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will support my organization, our coaches and officials working with my child, to encourage a positive and very enjoyable experience for everyone.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all LIYIF sporting events.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will not question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field. I will speak with coaches at an agreed time and place.
- I will not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent, such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures. Any Parent that runs onto the field will be immediatley removed from the premisis. It is up to the league how long the ban will stand.
- Let the coaches’ coach – let the officials officiate and above anything else; LET THE CHILDREN PLAY.
- I will be responsible for the conduct of all guests that I bring to my child’s game.